Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Week 21

New Brighton Sunset


Familias Son ETERNAS!


This week has been pretty difficult, but has definitely strengthened me and motivated me to press forward. On Thursday I received a call from the mission president saying that my Grandpa passed away. He was such a great example to me and my family and always emulated the character of Christ through service, charity, and generosity. I almost expected this call to come soon since he had been in the hospital the past few weeks. But, I felt an overwhelming sense of peace when I heard the news. I felt calm and assured by the Holy Spirit that I will see him again, and that this is merely the next step for him in Heavenly Father's plan of salvation for us. During one of my personal studies last week I read a scripture in the Book of Mormon that brought me great comfort. In 2 Nephi 22: 2-3, the prophet Nephi quotes Isaiah from the Old Testament and says "Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation. Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation." The central purpose of God sending us here on earth is so that through sorrow, mourning, and affliction, we may be able to experience true and everlasting joy.

Although life is difficult sometimes, we must always trust our Heavenly Father and the plan he has for us. I know he's there. I know he loves us. He sent his son Jesus Christ to be our Savior. Because of Him, we can be cleansed from sin. Because of Him, our lives have meaning. Because of Him, death is conquered, and we can live with God again! It brings me so much joy knowing that I will see my grandpa again, and that families can live together forever!

On Saturday and Sunday we had a Stake Conference in order to reorganize the presidency due to the loss of President Baker. We got to hear from an area authority, Erich W. Kopischke. During both meetings, there was a big emphasis on the importance of family. And once again, I felt comforted and the Spirit confirmed in my heart that families are eternal. It was a really powerful meeting and we were also able to bring one of our investigators Sean! Families are at the center of God's plan of salvation and I'm so grateful for my family! I just want to share again a really profound quote that was said during President Baker's funeral that means so much to me - "If you want to take the sorrow out of death, you have to take the joy out of life." I have so much happiness in my life from my knowledge and testimony of the plan of salvation and from this gospel and I'm so grateful I get to share it with others!

Sorry for the shorter email this week, but I hope you all know how much I love and appreciate every one of you!

Espero que tengan una maravillosa semana!

Con amor,

Elder Bolinder


No comments:

Post a Comment