Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Week 42





Still Holding the Ball! (Riverfront Park, Mankato, MN)


Good Luck, Greenie!


Hola fam! Another great week here in the Midwest. This has been by far the fastest transfer yet! Blink of an eye, I swear. And with that, I'll start my email off with some noticias! I will be staying in Mankato for another transfer! Super pumped. También, in addition to my district leader duties, I have received a call to train another missionary! I still feel like I don't have enough experience, but I'm beyond excited. The funny part is... I still don't know if my greenie is English speaking or Spanish speaking! I guess we'll have to find out Wednesday!

This week was really good, we had the zone leaders come down and blitz our area on Tuesday and Wednesday which was awesome! We did lots of finding and got a whole bunch of new potentials. Hopefully next week we can follow up with them and set some solid appointments! 

A miracle from this week is the Niehaus family. They are a less active family we have been working with for a few months now and the mom lost her job and had surgery in the same week, and her two daughters struggle with depression. Needless to say, they have gone through a lot! But we have had some powerful lessons with them on enduring through our trials and the changes they have made ar amazing! They have made it to church every week this month and the girls even started coming back to young women activities. Through support from the ward and turning to their Savior for strength, their testimonies have grown so much! We met with them on Saturday to see how they were doing and the Spirit was so strong. During the lesson, we felt prompted to have them all share their testimonies and it brought such a peaceful feeling. I'm so glad I got the chance to help their family grow through the gospel of Christ!

For preparation day today, we drove up to a tiny town called Jordan, and out in the middle of nowhere off the side of the freeway there's this giant yellow barn that sells candy! Apparently, it's the biggest candy shop in Minnesota. And they weren't lying -- it's ginormous!! I got my new fave candy bar that they had in the MTC in Mexico - a Bueno Bar. And I even found a Classic Coke bottle hecho en México🇲🇽. Pretty great purchase if I don't say so myself. Haha! Now we are driving to go play games at the church!

I just want to let all of you know how much I appreciate all of you! I can feel the strength of all your prayers. I know that God lives, and loves us perfectly. Jesus Christ is His son and our Savior. This is His church! I know it's true. I love you guys! Cuídense.

-Elder Bolinder



Minnesota's Biggest Candy Store!
Are We In Heaven?
Candy Galore!
He's Always Watching...
Bueno!




No comments:

Post a Comment