Monday, March 5, 2018

Week 73






Elder Strong and Elder Bolinder


Nuevo compañero, nuevo nieve!


Well, another new compañero and another dumpage of snow. We got 4 inches on Thursday and about another foot on Saturday! We thought it would be another night of having the cars grounded, but luckily they weren't so we made it to all four of our appointments that day! (Although a little slow ha) And no tow-truck scares! Lol

The area is really starting to pick up which I'm excited about. The Lord truly guided us to meet so many amazing people last transfer and now we hopefully get to see more growth from them. One of them, Luis, is this short little Ecuadorian we found a little while back who kept his Book of Mormon from elders he met 6 years ago. Monday, we had a powerful lesson on repentance and baptism, and he accepted to be baptized on April 21st! He is so humble and has a big desire to change. Super excited for him!

On Tuesday I must have eaten something bad, because I felt super nauseous like I had a rock in my stomach. Then that night and the next day I was struggling to keep anything in my stomach. So not much happened those days. Luckily, I recovered in time for transfers on Thursday. Surprisingly, it is one of the few times during the mission I've gotten sick! So I've been blessed haha.

My new comp is Elder Fuerte (Strong) from Yakima Washington. He’s been out a little longer than me. We've been killing it together so far, and I am so pumped for this next transfer! Alana Is still doing well for her date to be baptized on the 10th and we also met with the cute little Hispanic family we found, the Morales, and taught them the Plan of Salvation. They're struggling to get to church on Sunday, but their daughters want to come to youth activities on Wednesday! There's always such a sweet spirit when we teach the plan of salvation. The longer I am away from my family, the more grateful I am for them and the knowledge God has given us that families can be sealed and live together for eternity through his son Jesus Christ!

Just a quick scripture to share before I end..

2 Nephi 4:15-16
"For my soul delighteth in the scriptures, and my heart pondereth them... Behold, my soul delighteth in the things of the Lord; and my heart pondereth continually upon the things which I have seen and heard."

I love the opportunity I have every morning to ponder the words of Christ. I hope all of you in the busy lives we have, are putting aside the time to ponder in your hearts the things that truly matter most in this life.

Les amo, and you guys are all incredible! Thanks for all your support and prayers. We truly are blessed because of them. Have a great week!

-Elder Bolinder


Elder Barrett, Luis, Elder Bolinder


No comments:

Post a Comment