Sunday, July 8, 2018

Week 89**


"Sota"

Party Crashers!


[**Note from the Minions: We missed posting this update for 6/18/18, but we didn't want you to miss some good stuff, including the making of a potential new nickname for Elder Cambo... "Mango!"]

Hola todos!

Things have been muy bien here in St. Paul. Our Spanish ward received a new bishop on Sunday, originally from Puerto Rico! We are super pumped about that. Speaking of Puerto Rico, Evelyn and Angelo are still doing great! Angelo has been reading the scriptures and progressing pretty well. Evelyn couldn’t make it to church because of some health issues, so keep her in your prayers!

We also went on exchange with the assistants. It’s was suuuper hot! It was 97 with humidity blasting, and we were outside all afternoon on the find grind. Still not used to humidity yet lol. But it was really good because we found a couple new people to teach!

Ok so a funny story from this week. We were out talking to people sharing la palabra in this trailer park. We came upon these two families and a couple other of their friends and kids, just a big group just chilling on their porch. They were having a good time, pulling out some Coronas and had a huge plate of mangos sitting on the porch rail.

We started teaching them the message that we bring to the world - the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. It was super cool! Not all of them were too intrigued, but two of the guys accepted copies of the Book of Mormon to read!

So, at the end we offered a prayer with them, and afterwards we got talking a little bit more and we were about to say goodbye. I step back to lean against the rail because we had been standing there for a while… Well, I totally forgot all the mangos were there so I knocked it off and it all spilt on the grass below! Haha I felt so bad!! I thought, oh great, now they aren’t going to let us back for sure! Fortunately, they just laughed and didn’t get too upset, and they also gave us their contact info to talk in the future. I’ll definitely remember that lesson for a long time - the time we crashed someone’s fiesta! 😂

Honestly, I am so grateful for my mission and the opportunity I have to meet so many people from all over. The Latino people have a special place in my heart now. I know this is where the Lord wants me to be, and I thank all of you for your love and support!

Con amor,
-Elder Bolinder

No comments:

Post a Comment