Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Week 94

Elder Cross and Elder Bolinder with the Karen Elders

Go Pack Go!



A super cool moment from this week was when we felt like we needed to visit this older member, Hermano Jimenez, who lives on the edge of our area. His wife is bed-ridden with countless health problems. The husband humbly asked us if we could offer her a priesthood blessing. Afterwards, she grabbed my hand. Although she couldn’t talk or hardly move, she just looked into my eyes. And at that moment, a warm feeling filled my heart and I could tell just by her looking at me how deeply grateful she was. It was so sweet. The eyes truly are the windows to the soul. I’m so grateful to have a chance to be out here serving others as Jesus Christ did!

Some stories from this week:

We’ve been toning up the legs, hitting the streets on our bikes this week. So, we’re biking down this hill, picking up speed. All of a sudden this dog from a driveway next to us just bolted towards me. It was an absolute beast of a Rottweiler charging at me!! I thought for sure he was going to leap and bite me! I was freaking out a bit. So not thinking, I swerved into the lane of the road and on my left a car and I almost got side-swiped. In a matter of like 10 seconds all of this went down, and it scared the snot out of me! Hahaha. Definitely grateful nothing happened and that we prayed for safety that morning!

So, funny story while we were out tracting. This Hispanic guy answers, and we strike up a conversation. He’s from El Salvador. He wasn’t too enthusiastic about talking to us, but we asked what his name was. His response was, “Bendecido por la gracia de Dios!” Which means “Blessed by the grace of God!” Wait what? We were a bit confused. But I guess he heard us wrong. Turns out his real name is Felipe, but it was just a funny moment.

Also, I went to Wisconsin this week!! We saw a Hispanic lady way out in a town called Stillwater, right on the east boarder of Minnesota. She used to be taught a while back, but then kind of disappeared. But on Saturday she texted us and told us to come by! She had some really good questions about God’s plan of salvation and it was a really cool lesson. Well, anyway, our mission covers the western third of Wisconsin, and in our area we cover all the way out there since we don’t have an eastern border. We had some extra minutes before the appointment started, so we took 10 minutes, drove across the bridge, and knocked a couple doors in Wisconsin😂 and, I found a fellow Packer fan! So, basically I can say that I served in Packer territory - I’m happy👍🏼

Just another week in the life of a missionary.

Well that’s all I have time for, but I hope you all know how much I appreciate you guys! Until next time.

Cuídense,
-Elder Bolinder

No comments:

Post a Comment